Search This Blog

Friday, July 08, 2016

EXCERPTS from my new book, WITHOUT THE LAMPSHADE-How I Learned to Love my Brown Martini



This is the first excerpt I've posted from my new book, "WITHOUT THE LAMPSHADE-How I Learned to Love my Brown Martini." I'll have random posts from the book in the future so keep an eye on The Dunning Letter.

The very first paragraph:
It all came to an abrupt halt one dreary Sunday morning almost 35 years ago. It was raining and I was looking out the window of our twelfth floor high-rise in College Park, Maryland, trying to settle my stomach after another night of non-stop drinking and smoking. This had been going on for over twenty years and I had gotten very good at it. Yes, booze and cigarettes had become my comfort zone. Nevertheless, I had just decided to give up both of these nasty habits…cold turkey.
You can buy WITHOUT THE LAMPSHADE here.

Watch for my FREE BOOK GIVEAWAY starting JULY 25/SCROLL DOWN


No comments: