Search This Blog

Saturday, July 16, 2016

EXCERPTS from my new book, WITHOUT THE LAMPSHADE-How I Learned to Love my Brown Martini


One thing that happened before I left [the Naval Station], a film company was making the film, “Beneath the 12-Mile Reef,” in Key West and contracted to use the church parsonage as the location for several scenes.

Robert Webb, director of the “12-Mile Reef,” whom I had met at the parsonage, was looking for extras for a scene where Gilbert Roland is brought up with the bends. He asked me and a couple of my Navy buddies to stand on the dock and display our shock when they rushed by with Roland on a stretcher. We did, but guess we weren’t horrified enough, since the scene was cut from the movie. Webb did hire me to clean up and put the parsonage back in its original condition. He paid me $84, big money in those days.
You can buy WITHOUT THE LAMPSHADE here.

Watch for my FREE BOOK GIVEAWAY starting JULY 25/SCROLL DOWN


No comments: