Search This Blog

Friday, March 09, 2007


WANNA BUY AN AK47 THROUGH JUNK MAIL? YOU CAN…THANKS TO THE GUN LOBBY


Jim Zumbo, a respected outdoorsman who spoke his mind, has been ostracized by the gun community for his comment, which was: “Excuse me, maybe I’m a traditionalist, but I see no place for these weapons among our hunting fraternity. As hunters, we don’t need to be lumped into the group of people who terrorize the world with them….I’ll go so far as to call them terrorist rifles.” He was talking, of course, about assault rifles. Apparently his career is over with the Outdoor Channel, Outdoor Life magazine, and Remington Arms Co. In King’s Outdoor World Blog, Zumbo says he was wrong to make this statement. I think the declaration was correct, and Jimbo should be ashamed for disclaiming what obviously came from the man’s sense of right and wrong. I personally don’t think anyone’s 2nd Amendment right should allow them to own an AK 47. Speaking of which, if you Google the subject, you can buy an AK-47 rifle from $500 to $600. They also sell UZIS, which would probably be perfect for dove hunting.

No comments: